The Liberal Studies office no longer offers drop-in advising. To make an appointment with a LS advisor, please call, email, or drop in on Andrea Olson in HUM 409. Andrea can be reached by phone at (415) 338-6927 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Note: During this period of remote instruction in response to COVID-19, academic advising remains available via email, phone, and Zoom. Reach out to us for continued support!
Majors in the College of Liberal & Creative Arts (LCA) should consult with two advisers each semester: (1) an adviser in the major and (2) a general education and university requirements adviser in the ARC (Advising Resource Center for LCA). Students who are completing a minor or an additional major should see an adviser in those programs as well.
For General Education and University Requirements
- First-year Students are advised by the Undergraduate Advising Center
- Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors are advised by the Advising Resource Center (ARC)
- Online Request of Major or Minor
- Advising Hub
- Tutoring Center
- Career Center
- Counseling and Psychological Services
- Disability Programs and Resource Center
Before you meet with an advisor ...
- Download a Liberal Studies Advising Worksheet, Teacher Prep or General, (both of which can be found on the Advising Forms page) and fill out as much as you can, using your unofficial transcript.
- Print out copies of transcripts, SF State and others (unofficial is fine). Get SF State transcripts from the Student Center link via SF State Gateway. NOTE: the unofficial transcript link at MySFSU takes you to the older version of transcripts that doesn't go beyond Spring 2014.
- Study your Degree Progress Report (Student Center via SF State Gateway) to make sure you're on track with general education and other university requirements. NOTE: GE advising is now available at the Advising Resource Center (ARC) in HUM 112.