Many of our majors are interested in becoming teachers, whether K-12 or post-secondary, and the interdisciplinary programs in the School of Humanities and Liberal Studies offer excellent foundations for teaching careers.
Requirements for admission to the Multiple Subjects Credential program at SF State include:
- Bachelor’s Degree must be posted before starting the program
- GPA: 2.67 overall or 2.75 in last 60 semester units or 90 quarter units
- Early Field Experience in a public classroom setting
- Fulfill Subject Matter Competency Requirement
- Fulfill Basic Skills Requirement
- Fulfill Second Language Requirement
- Information about SFSU's multiple-subject (elementary school) credential program, including a link to apply.
- List of upcoming information sessions about credential programs at SF State